LET’S RIDE, HOTHAM HAS MORE SNOW ON TAP THAN EVER BEFORE…
From the top of the Summit to the bottom of Heavenly Valley, from Green runs to Blacks, snowmaking now has us covered.
The final piece of the Snowmaking masterplan clicked into place this summer with the completion of works on the Summit and 12 new guns installed. As Belinda Trembath General Manager of Mount Hotham Skiing Company says “In the right conditions, we can make 600 cubic metres per hour more snow than we could before”
So from June to September, from early season turns to spring fun Hotham is better positioned to deliver what it does best.
This means you can book with confidence for this coming winter
- Total investment: $4.4 million
- 24 new TechnoAlpin fan guns
- 2.4 kilometres of water mains
- 24 new snowmaking outlets
- The Summit area 18 hydrants
- A total of 33 hectares covered by snowmaking (increase of nearly 40%)
Increased Capacity: an additional 288,000 litres of water can be turned into snow per hour of operation.